Assistant In Nursing
Job no: 522570
Work type: Casual
Location: Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Assistant
Assistant in Nursing
We are seeking an Assistant in Nursing to join our team on a casual basis at Lake Macquarie Private Hospital.
About the Role
You will work with our supportive team to provide our patients with dedicated and specialised care. Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, the successful candidate will work as a member of the clinical team under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. They will provide high quality care to all patients and clients who access health services, whilst also providing a high level of clinical and professional support to other members of the multi-disciplinary patient care team.
In this role you will report to the Nurse Unit Manager.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities. The flexibility to handle a varied 24/7 roster will also be essential.
You will also hold;
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance or equivalent
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Available to work a flexible roster over 7 days a week
- High level of interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively according to directions
- High level of customer service and excellent time management skills
- Understanding of infection control principles
Lake Macquarie and the Hunter region offer wonderful life style's for families/singles wishing to relocate. The Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, Newcastle and Lake Macquarie are all at the door step.
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Rebecca Harvey on HarveyRebecca@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 23rd October 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend