- Key Executive role with Australia’s largest private health care provider
- Excellent leadership opportunity
- Coffs Harbour location
An exciting career opportunity has become available for a dynamic and innovative leader with experience at a senior management level who can meet the challenges and capably manage facility operational requirements, provide nursing leadership, direct the patient safety and clinical quality agenda, manage key stakeholder relationships, and assist in the development and implementation of the strategic direction of Baringa Private Hospital.
This is a challenging yet a rewarding opportunity to join a dedicated team of health professionals at Ramsay Health Care and be part of a world-class global network that embraces excellence in health care, innovation, and empowerment of its people. This role is suited to an inspirational and effective health care leader who is ready to take the next step in their career.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) oversees all operational aspects of care delivery including compliant clinical service delivery, bed management, patient flow strategies, patient safety, clinical quality agenda, patient experience and doctor engagement.
The role is responsible for the provision of professional leadership and direction on a broad range of clinical and nursing issues to enable decisions to be made to create and maintain an appropriately resourced, qualified, competent, and supported nursing workforce that is aligned with Baringa’s strategic direction. You will be responsible for leading a team of professional clinical managers and effective engagement with our VMOs and medical team to deliver high quality clinical care, employee engagement and staffing practices.
You will also be accountable for leading high standards of clinical care, the efficient and effective management of clinical education and support and foster a culture within the hospital that embraces safety, quality and strives to continually improve patient experience and business outcomes.
As the nursing leader, you will play a key role in the engagement and advancement of the clinical management team, including mentorship and professional development of Nurse Unit Managers, Nurse Educators and Clinical Nurse Specialists. You will regularly collaborate on regional projects with other DCS’s and senior executives across the group, providing for an excellent structure of peer support, teamwork, and professional liaison.
Critical to your success is your energy and passion for our people. You will be someone who role models the principles of The Ramsay Way - ‘People Caring for People’ and will also be adept at fostering positive working relations with key stakeholders across our facilities.
You will also meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior management position (private hospital experience will be highly regarded)
- Current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Post-graduate nursing qualifications and tertiary management or business qualifications
- High level of communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to adopt a strategic overview whilst managing complex, challenging, and demanding daily operational issues
- Ability to successfully manage organisational change, financial reporting, and processes for patient safety, clinical risk management and clinical quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relations with a wide range of diverse stakeholders including VMOs
- Awareness of the relevant legislative requirements and governing body reporting responsibilities
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering, and working within budgeted work hours.
Working with Us
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals and day surgery facilities across 11 countries including Australia, the UK, Asia and Europe. Ramsay is Australia’s largest private hospital operator and is well-respected in the Australian health care industry due to its excellent record in hospital management, patient care and running high-quality facilities, and how it operates its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Baringa Private Hospital is a 78-bed facility in Coffs Harbour servicing the NSW North Coast and surrounding areas. The hospital is an acute Medical, Surgical, Rehabilitation and Mental health facility offering a comprehensive range of specialities. The hospital’s theatre complex offers state of the art operating facilities, including a recently commissioned Cardiovascular suite.
All enquiries are to be directed to:
Jo-Anne Brown, Chief Executive Office at Baringa Private Hospital
Applications must be lodged online by clicking the Apply button within this advertisement. Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae outlining your experience and skills in line with the above criteria and 2 current work-related referees.
Applications Close: Friday, 22 October 2021