Senior Purchasing Officer
Job no: 524368
Work type: Full time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Senior Purchasing Officer
Permanent full-time opportunity
About the Role
Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking a positive Senior Purchasing Officer to join our Supply team. This is a senior position that will be principally responsible for the procurement of medical items used throughout the hospital. This role will also be required to provide leadership to the Supply team and support the Supply Manager.
The successful applicant will have had experience dealing and negotiating with suppliers, distributors, transport companies, clients and management at senior levels. While a strong commercial focus is required – a commitment to providing excellent customer service is essential.
Although this is a purchasing role in a small multidisciplinary team a willingness to undertake other supply duties and responsibilities are required.
The position is offered as a full time, Monday to Friday, 38 hour position – although flexibility of hours is available.
- Purchasing experience in a large service focused health or similar organization.
- Experience is using the SAP purchasing system (or similar).
- Recent experience in managing/supervising staff in a pressured procurement environment.
- Skills in the analysis of data and procurement forecasting.
- Ability to successfully project manage multiple purchasing tasks, problem solve and achieve deadlines.
- A commitment to continual quality improvement with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with suppliers, clients and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation abilities.
- Willingness and flexibility to work in a small multi-disciplinary team, to ensure a positive outcome.
- Proven ability to apply high ethical standards and represent the hospital in a professional manner
- Punctual, respectful of others and committed to uphold the Ramsay Way Values
- Experience in the Healthcare sector
- Completion of, or progress towards, a Diploma in Purchasing & Contract Management or equivalent academic qualification.
How to Apply
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Robin Archer, Supply & Purchasing Manager
Close Date: 3rd December 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend