Senior Corporate Counsel
Job no: 524533
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
LEGAL SERVICES – RAMSAY AUSTRALIA
- Join our NATIONAL team with a world-class GLOBAL network
- Outstanding leadership opportunity
- Sydney, Head Office Location
YOUR NEW ROLE
Our business is growing, and we need a Senior Corporate Counsel to support the General Counsel & Company Secretary on a wide range of legal, corporate governance and risk management matters at Ramsay Health Care Australia. This role is based at Sydney’s Head Office, located in St Leonards.
Reporting to the National Legal Manager - Commercial, you will:
- Advise Ramsay Australia’s business units and developing trusted advisor relationships with key stakeholders, including within Ramsay’s Out of Hospital businesses
- Contractual drafting, preparation, and negotiation
- Providing responsive, efficient, and practical advice on a wide variety of commercial legal issues
- Manage external lawyers effectively, and ensure appropriate management of fees and costs
- Assist the Legal and Risk departments, and the business more generally, in developing legal risk management strategy where appropriate
- Participate in the review and development of corporate policies and procedures
- Attend meetings with key stakeholders and project teams and providing practical and compelling input to help shape project direction
- Facilitate compliance with insurance reporting and claims management requirements
- Perform general corporate advisory work
- Work as part of a team to undertake various roles as requested, supervise/mentor junior staff and provide support to others in their roles
- Manage multiple tasks and deliver results within strict timeframes in line with requirements, ensure appropriate prioritisation of business-critical work
- Solicitor admitted to a Supreme Court of a State of Australia
- Relevant Undergraduate Tertiary qualification
- Holds a current practicing certificate enabling practice of law in NSW
- Minimum of 8 years post admission experience
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced corporate and commercial lawyer, ideally with strong track records at a top tier or well-regarded mid-tier firm, and in-house with a major company
- An understanding of the health care industry, and / or a disposition which will allow the lawyer to develop a depth of understanding over time
- Significant corporate advisory experience
- An ability to develop great “trusted advisor” relationships with key business stakeholders work with minimal supervision in a fast paced and commercial environment
- The ability to provide concise, commercial and compelling legal advice
- Experience advising on regulatory matters including legislative review and compliance
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Proven ability to work effectively with broad range of diverse stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and legal drafting skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office programs
WHY WORK WITH RAMSAY?
Established in 1964, Ramsay Health Care has grown to become the largest private hospital operator in Australia. Ramsay Health Care Australia operates 72 hospitals and day surgery units and admits over 1,000,000 patients each year. Ramsay Health Care also operators a range of out of hospital businesses including Ramsay Pharmacy, Ramsay Connect, Ramsay Health Plus, radiology and pathology.
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way - "People Caring for People" and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture. These features help to attract leading health care practitioners to work within our facilities.
When submitting your application, please include a copy of your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above. To discuss this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Thomas, National Legal Manager on (02) 9433 3433 or via email at ThomasJennifer@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: Friday, 3 December 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend