Informed Financial Consent Clerk
Part-time position available at the Wollongong Private Hospital
About the Role
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced, service focused and team orientated staff member to work with the Finance department to provide Informed Financial Consent to all patients prior to admission. Our clerks work within a supportive team of professionals, passionate about providing the best quality care for patients. Informed consent is a fundamental part of the healthcare process and our clerks play a central role in providing estimates of patient expenses, assessing health fund eligibility and ensuring informed consent is gained from patients before admission.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Liaise directly with health funds to perform patient coverage checks via intranet, email and phone
- Communicate with patient regarding health fund coverage and any amounts owing prior to admission
- Provide accurate itemised quotes for self-funded/cosmetic procedures
- Liaise with all health care professionals and facilities as needed
- Other duties as directed by Front Office Manager, Billings Manager or Commercial Manager
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong administrative skillset and have a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You must be able to thrive in a busy environment, with sometimes competing and unplanned workloads, and able to proactively meet any challenge within deadlines. You should consider yourself a high achiever, problem solver and team player.
A background in healthcare, understanding of medical terminology and prior experience with health funds in highly desirable.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a customer service related area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and sensitivity to customer’s needs
- Proven organisational skills, with the ability to complete tasks within designated time frames
The 151 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra.
Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children clearance and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Allison Reeves at ReevesAllison@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 6th December at 11:55pm