Job no: 525057
Work type: Part time
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Registered Nurse – Pre-Admissions
Permanent Part Time 32 hours per fortnight with permanent shifts on Tuesday and Thursday.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Pre-admissions team.
About the Role
In this position the Registered Nurse acts as a clinical and professional resource person demonstrating broad knowledge and clinical expertise in all facets of caring for the patient whilst demonstrating a high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills within the clinical setting. This role is integral to the clinical preadmission process to ensure that all patients are triaged prior to admission.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset and a proven ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment. You will have exceptional communication, interpersonal and organisation skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- A minimum of 4 years post registration experience in a similar role or on a medical/surgical ward
- Understanding of scope of practice
- Ability to manage designated portfolio and display sound leadership skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Experience delivering education to patients
- Relevant post graduate qualifications plus 12 months experience working in pre-admissions or patient assessment
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs
- Wound care experience is an advantage
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from;
$36.49 - $46.82 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD RN/Midwife Grade 2- Grade 8) [FTE $72 111.74 - $92 529.36].
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. The Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Christie Benard, Nurse Unit Manager
Close date: 8 December 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend