Data Science Officer
Job no: 525097
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - QLD Metropolitan, Corporate Services - VIC Metropolitan, Corporate Services - WA, Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
Categories: Information Technology, Other
- Support data science initiatives in one of Australia’s largest health care companies
- Exciting career opportunity within the Data Science Division
- Flexible working arrangements (office / remote), various locations in Australia
An exciting opportunity has become available for a dedicated and driven Data Science Officer (DSO) to join Ramsay’s Data Science Division on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the National Data Science Manager, the DSO is a key team member responsible for supporting all aspects of the Data Science lifecycle, particularly through appropriate project management, data analysis, data engineering, business analysis, and AI/ML modelling.
This is a unique role for a well-rounded individual with a ‘start-up mentality’ to contribute to a high performing Data Science team, bringing to life our strategy and purpose whilst demonstrating a strong alignment with The Ramsay Way values.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career and make a real difference in the health care industry.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in health, business, statistics, IT or equivalent
- Some experience working with data lifecycle including but not limited to data ingestion (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or equivalent), Extract-Transform-Load (Azure Data Factory, Python, Airflow, or equivalent), data storage & joining, management of data projects (Kubeflow, GitHub, Jira & Confluence, or equivalent), and data quality / integrity checks
- Some experience utilising at least:
- 1 language for Data Ingestion - SQL or equivalent; and
- 1 language for Pipelining & General Purposes - Python, Scala, Java, C, C++, PHP, HTML5 or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, managing, and communicating business and technical requirements
- Demonstrated experience in developing dashboards and other visual reports to support monitoring of KPIs and outputs
- Knowledge of developing Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) models, particularly collecting data, preparing data, choosing algorithms, training models, tuning models, evaluating models, and deploying models
- Knowledge of utilising hyper-scaling platforms (PaaS, SaaS, etc.)
- Knowledge of the following principles: Agile, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), DevOps, or MLops; this includes but is not limited to improving governance, automation, scalability, and
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Post graduate degree in data science, statistics, business or equivalent
- Contribution to Open Source or participation in online data communities
- Change management and project management qualifications
- Operational experience in healthcare deliver
- Use Cases:
- Responsible for supporting the identification, prioritisation, scoping and development of data science solutions that address priority business needs
- Responsible for executing all relevant project responsibilities within scope, timelines, and quality standards
- Governance & Culture:
- Responsible for supporting the establishment and operation of the Data Science governance framework, including committees, policies, procedures, decision matrices, reporting and risk management
- Responsible for contributing to a high performing team, coaching junior staff and interns, delivering data science capabilities, nurturing team experimentation, partnerships, academic engagement and cross-function/border collaboration
- Responsible for obtaining and applying contemporaneous skills, knowledge, and capabilities to understand, test, apply and implement data science
- Responsible for promoting scientific approach to data science, including use case selection, information sourcing, data encoding, model selection, parameter tuning, continuous improvement and implementation
Working with Us:
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world, and the largest in Australia.
Ramsay Health Care is well-respected throughout the health care industry for operating quality private hospitals and for its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. Its focus is on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety; being an employer of choice and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People”.
Please direct enquiries to JJ Jung at email@example.com
Please click the ‘apply’ button listed within this advertisement. Your application should include your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), cover letter and two work-related referees.
In your CV, please answer the following questions:
- In your current or previous job, what two motivations drive you to deliver the best outcomes?
- What do you think your first 3 and 12 months will look like in this new role? What do you think will be some of your contributions?
Applications close: Wednesday, 8 December 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend