Nurse Unit Manager - Cardiac Catheter Laboratory
Job no: 525954
Work type: Full time
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Nurse Unit Manager
We are seeking an experienced Nurse Unit Manager to join our Cardiac Catheter Lab team at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, in a permanent full time position.
About the Role
In this role you will be taking on the leadership of our two cutting-edge Cardiac Catheter Laboratories, staffed by teams of experienced nurses, radiographers and highly skilled Visiting Medical Officers providing a comprehensive suite of on-site cardiac services to our patients. We conduct a range of Cardiovascular procedures including.
- Coronary Angiograms
- Pacemaker Insertion
- Mitral Clip
As well as cardiology, the labs are also used for pain and vascular procedures.
You will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the unit. The role encompasses planning, implementing, and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services of the unit. There will also be an element of staff development as you grow your team through structured programmes particularly focused around the novice nurse
You will supported by a passionate team of Peri-operative NUM’s while reporting to and utilising the mentorship of the Director of Clinical Services.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- Minimum five (5) years post graduate experience
- Extensive clinical skills and experience within the speciality
- Proven ability to act as a positive role model and as a professional at all times
- Demonstrates excellent time management, clinical problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and capital resources
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement program
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a management position desirable
- Holding or working towards a tertiary management qualification desirable
- Post graduate studies in an appropriate speciality area desirable
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital offers the Coast’s widest range of cardiac services. Facilities include 6 state-of-the-art operating theatres, two cardiac catheter laboratories, a minor procedure room, a day surgery unit, an 11 bed intensive care unit/coronary care unit and a 9 chair day therapy unit.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact: Emma Prosser, Director of Clinical Services via ProsserE@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 26 January 2022, 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend