Job no: 526583
Work type: Part time
Location: Waverley Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are looking for a Chef to join our busy and growing team at Waverley Private Hospital in a permanent part time capacity (50 hours per fortnight).
Your shifts will be:
Monday: 11am – 6:30pm
Tuesday: 6am -1:30pm
Wednesday: 6am – 1:30pm
Thursday :11am – 6:30pm
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for food preparation for patients, staff, cafeteria and functions. You will ensure a high standard of quality hospital food production and cleanliness is maintained to be in line with the Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy.
The duties for these positions include:-
- Cold Larder Preparation and handling of food
- Preparation & Cooking of meals
- Understanding of patient dietary requirements
- Ensuring a clean environment is maintained
- Wash & clean downs of equipment
- Daily completion of food and safety log sheets
- Compliance with food safety & HACCP
- Ordering of food & supplies
- Stock rotation
To be successful in this role, you will require strong attention to detail and great time management skills. The ability to multi task and communicate well with your team members is required as this will be a fast-paced environment. As part of this role you will be responsible for stock ordering, receiving and storage of deliveries.
You will also bring:
- Certificate in Commercial Cooking
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Chef
- Current Food & Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Ability to cater to a wide variety of sensitive dietary requirements
- Must have a thorough understanding of allergy management practices
- Excellent work ethic, customer service skills, time management skills and the ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural and diverse workplace
- Previous healthcare setting experience will be highly regarded.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Waverley Private Hospital is a 98 bed acute/surgical facility located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current National Police Check (12 months or less), Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact David Edwards, Hotel Services Manager via EdwardsDavid@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend