DIRECTOR OR EMERGENCY MEDICINE
Permanent; 76 hours per fortnight
Peel Health Campus is a 196 inpatient bed, acute care hospital and is dedicated to providing high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. Peel Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
Operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peel Health Campus is located in Mandurah, one hour south of Perth. For more information on the services we provide please visit www.peelhealthcampus.com.au
We are continuing to grow to meet the needs of our community and are currently looking to appoint an individual who can meet the following requirements:
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced ED Specialist with outstanding communication and organisational skills to join an innovative medical workforce. You will be responsible for leading a busy department with an annual census of 48,000 patients per year. As the only emergency department in a demographically diverse outer metropolitan region, the department sees an interesting and varied casemix including 25% paediatrics. You will provide specialist advice and management to clinical managers, other heads of department and medical staff. You must be passionate about developing new ideas and committed to continuous improvement. This is a hands on role and you will be required to demonstrate a high level of clinical competence and be highly motivated.
- AHPRA Registration
- Recognition as an emergency department specialist
- At least three years’ experience in a senior medical management position, with demonstrated success in clinical leadership
- Previous experience in transformation of health service delivery and systems reengineering
- A passion for and experience in digital solutions in health care
- Excellent influencing, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and mentor individuals to achieve results
- Demonstrates evidence of having worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes
- Demonstrates an ability to champion quality improvement projects
- Demonstrates evidence of having worked on large scale strategic change projects
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check and Working with Children Check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
For More Information and How To Apply
Please forward a CV and cover letter specifically addressing the Selection Criteria to Andrew Tome, CEO, on 08 9531 8580 or TomeA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 21 January 2022