Clinical Nurse - Endoscopy
Job no: 526978
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
- Permanent Full Time and Part Time opportunities
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Work with some of the latest high definition technology across our unit
About the Role
Our Endoscopy Suite offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. The Suite has 17 bed bays, 14 discharge pods and four large procedure rooms. Equipped with the high-definition endoscopes, processors and sterilising equipment, the suite also includes a unique discharge experience modelled on an airport lounge.
As a Clinical Nurse, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the unit, providing support to the Nurse Unit Manager and developing the nursing team, whilst making a valuable contribution to the hospital's continuous improvement process. You will work alongside a range of professionals with specialist expertise in the area of gastroenterology and endoscopy. Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Identifying and anticipating patient problems and assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating their plan of care; and
- Communicating effectively and managing rapidly changing situations that affect patient care and workload.
Successful candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Relevant postgraduate or credentialing qualification plus 12 months experience working in the clinical specialty/area OR
- A minimum of 4 years post registration experience, including 3 years’ experience in endoscopy
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to manage designated portfolio and display sound leadership skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in accreditation processes, clinical indicators and other quality projects
- Completed Preceptorship Program
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent time management skills
About the Hospital
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With more than 900 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital is the State’s largest private hospital based on bed numbers. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 800 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
On offer is a full time equivalent, base annual salary ranging from
- $95,079.43 - $101,019.49 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4)
Please note that the range above is full time equivalent, does not include any loadings or penalties and will vary depending on the hours you are contracted to.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Applications should include CV, cover letter and statement addressing the selection criteria above.
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check and Working with Children Check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
For enquiries only: Clare Doney, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: 31st January 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend