Job no: 527020
Work type: Part time
Location: St George Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
- Permanent Part-Time (70 hours per fortnight)
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s national network
- Hours are 8am-3.30pm, Monday to Friday
About the Role
As a Ward Clerk, you are responsible for providing support and assistance to patients and their families within our Cardiac Ward at St George Private Hospital.
You will also assist the reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patients’ admission to discharge. As these patients often require a high level of care and support, an experienced hospital administrator is an ideal fit for this role.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Admission and discharge processes to ensure appropriate bed management and utilisation
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the ward
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service focus
- High level time management and organisational skills
- Medical terminology highly regarded
- A professional and personable disposition
- Ability to work within a team environment and multi task
- Strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and the ability to grasp concepts with ease
It would also be an advantage to have:
- Meditech knowledge
- Previous Ward Clerk experience
On the job training will be provided for the right candidate.
About the Organisation
St George Private Hospital is one of the most modern, clinically advanced private hospitals in Australasia. It is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected operator of private hospitals. The hospital is located in Sydney's South and is adjacent to St George Public Hospital. St George Private Hospital is a fully accredited 276 bed advanced surgical and acute medical facility. Working in partnership with some of Australia's leading medical specialists, the hospital has developed a strong reputation in Cardiac, Orthopaedics & Spinal Care, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Medical, Cancer Care, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Colorectal and Urology.
Here at St George Private Hospital we will provide you with an outstanding working environment, modern facilities, innovative education programmes and a supportive management team.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check and Working with Children Check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Rachel Jenkins on JenkinsRachel@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 20th January 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend