Job no: 527139
Work type: Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
- Part Time opportunity (48 hours per fortnight)
- Provide technical support to our Sleep Disorder Unit
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s network!
Cairns Private Hospital is seeking a Sleep Technician to join our Sleep Disorder Unit on a permanent part-time basis.
About the Role
This position is to provide technical support to the Sleep Disorder Unit and ensure an efficient service to the Respiratory Physicians. The position operates in a multidisciplinary environment to ensure the continued excellence of the Sleep Disorder Unit of the hospital.
As a Sleep Technician your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Developing a therapeutic relationship with patients;
- Completing comprehensive initial assessments and other relevant assessments as required;
- Ensuring patient monitoring equipment is set up according to procedure manual in order to achieve a high quality sleep study for the patient; and
- Ensuring patient’s overnight needs are seen to in an efficient and timely manner.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including night shifts, weekends and public holidays is essential for this role.
To be successful for this opportunity, it is vital for you to possess high-level communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, as you will be working with a diverse range of patients. You will bring experience working within a Sleep Study program or unit along with a strong attention to detail and a passion for client care. The ability to engage with and create strong working relationships with patients, their families, clinical and non-clinical staff is essential.
Successful candidates will also meet the following criteria;
- Experience within a sleep study unit or program is desirable.
- Any experience within a hospital will be well-regarded.
- Relevant qualifications will be highly regarded although are not essential.
About the Organisation
Looking for the perfect lifestyle balance? Cairns Private Hospital is the answer - offering a rewarding career and providing opportunities and development programmes, within the warm tropical cosmopolitan city of Cairns. With the Great Barrier Reef on your doorstep and World Heritage rainforests nearby, Cairns Private Hospital is an ideal facility to continue your career whilst enjoying a relaxed lifestyle.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check and Working with Children Check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact;
Heather Middleton, Assistant Director of Clinical Services
Close Date: 27th January 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend