Pharmacy Technician - Linacre Private Hospital and Highett
Job no: 528737
Work type: Part time
Location: Ramsay Pharmacy - VIC Regional
Gain experience in Hospital and Community Pharmacy practice!
A dynamic and exciting opportunity exists for an innovative and enthusiastic Pharmacy Technician to join the Pharmacy team at Linacre Private Hospital and Ramsay Pharmacy Highett on a part-time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your personal and professional portfolio and be a part of a variety of pharmacy service offerings within our hospital and community pharmacies.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will be required to work closely with the pharmacy and nursing staff at the hospital. Your responsibilities will include dispensary, hospital-ward imprest, hospital patient medicine ordering, dose administration aid (DAA) management, Procurement. This position mainly involves commitment to weekday shifts, with some weekend shifts on a rotating basis. This opportunity will suit a Pharmacy Technician with experience in public or private hospital pharmacy who would like to broaden and diversify their skills or would like to make the transition from community to hospital pharmacy.
- Ensure delivery of efficient and effective pharmacy services to patients and customers in our hospital and community pharmacies
- Work closely with Pharmacists in Charge, Pharmacists, Interns and Pharmacy Assistants to ensure the pharmacy service aligns to patient care initiatives and operational requirements of the hospital and community pharmacies
- Dispense and prepare prescription and medicine orders for hospital and community patients
- Participate in the delivery of Imprest pharmacy services to our hospitals
- Participate in Procurement activities including accounts payable and receivable, good receipting practices, stocktake and day to day dispensary and front of shop inventory management
- Work with Pharmacy Assistants to provide outstanding retail merchandising and marketing outcomes in the retail area of the pharmacy
- Assist pharmacy leaders in quality improvement initiatives within the pharmacy
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated contemporary and innovative pharmacy experience - either hospital, aged care or community pharmacy
- Certificate III or IV in Community Pharmacy
- Demonstrated dispensary pharmacy experience is required
- Experience in Webster packing services is highly regarded
- A positive, enthusiastic and can-do attitude, with an ability to adapt to varying teams and pharmacy practices.
- Flexible, organised and able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Team player and ability to build effective relationships with pharmacy and hospital team members.
- A current driver’s license with access to own vehicle.
This role reports into the State Area Manager. On the job training, ongoing support and an individual career development plan will be provided. Other benefits include an employee benefit scheme, staff recognition and friendly supportive colleagues.
To apply, attach your CV addressing the requirements above, together with details of two work referees to the on-line link below. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencing. Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, customers, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement including COVID-19.
Pharmacy Operations Lead
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend