Deputy Director of Nursing
Job no: 531748
Work type: Full time
Location: Strathfield Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered, Other
Deputy Director of Nursing
Strathfield Private Hospital are seeking an experienced clinical professional to join the leadership team as the Deputy Director of Nursing and Quality Manager. This is a Permanent Full-Time opportunity.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, the Deputy Director of Nursing will provide clinical leadership, workforce planning, operational direction and day-to-day management of the hospital. The role will also involve a strong clinical perspective combined with business responsibilities. This role will also require an ability to lead innovation, while recognizing the consumer as the central focus within the private healthcare setting and the importance of data-driven outcomes. The role will entail full responsibility for the Quality Assurance program, ensuring the monitoring and evaluating internal processes, continuous improvement activities management of clinical risk and compliance with the NSQHS 8 national standards.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with demonstrated leadership experience. You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage, motivate and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels to achieve positive outcomes.
You will also bring:
- Relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
- 5 years post-basic or post-graduate nursing experience & minimum 1 years’ experience as a NUM or higher.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Quality Assurance
- Proven ability to successfully lead and motivate a clinical services team providing strategic direction and positive leadership.
- Proven workforce analysis and policy development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead accreditation and continuous improvement processes in a health care facility and achieve sound outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary clinical risk management strategies that are effective in promoting and ensuring high quality patient care.
- Awareness of the relevant legislative requirements and governing body reporting responsibilities of hospital/clinical services departments.
- Project management skills.
- Sound computer skills using the MS Office suite.
About the Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. Strathfield Private Hospital is a 84 bed acute care facility and one of Australia’s most technologically advanced hospitals providing excellent standards of safety, comfort and quality of care.
Strathfield Private Hospital is conveniently located in Sydney’s inner west, close to major roads and 3 minute walk from Strathfield station. Strathfield Private Hospital has the privileged status of being a special teaching hospital for the University of Sydney.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
All new employees
- must be up to date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisations against infectious disease.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Joanna Edema at EdemaJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 6 July 2022, 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend