Job no: 533422
Work type: Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Medical Professionals
Permanent Part-Time | $150/hour + 50% of patient billing
About the Role
Your new role is to ensure that quality, evidence based Medical care (including assessment, investigation, treatment and referral for ongoing admission / transfer or retrieval) is delivered within a safe team environment that is conducive to learning. The General Practitioner, in collaboration with other team members, will support the care provided by the Treating Psychiatrist.
The General Practitioner is responsible for:
- Providing high quality medical service to patients.
- Identifying patients’ needs by a systematic assessment ensuring appropriate treatment is implemented in collaboration with the Visiting Medical Officer (Psychiatrist).
- Implementing planned medical care which is evidenced based to achieve identified outcomes
- Maintaining an accurate and comprehensive record in patient notes of patient condition and plan of care ensuring that each entry is dated, timed and signed
- Prioritising and providing medical care according to professional standards and hospital policies and procedures
- Providing collegial support in clinical problem solving, acting as a role model and resource person for staff
- Within areas of expertise, assist with education of clinical staff and medical students as required
- Participating in discharge planning, coordinating activities with other health care professionals to optimise patient outcomes
- Ensuring medication prescription, management and documentation complies with legal and hospital policy requirements
- Providing effective first line management during medical emergencies and code situations, including the management of potentially aggressive patients
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Minimum of 3 years post-graduate General Practitioner experience
- Competent in providing advanced life support measures
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in an acute mental health care facility (desirable)
Hourly rate $150.00, plus superannuation plus 50% of patient billing.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Ramsay Clinic Cairns (RCC) is in tropical Cairns, far north Queensland.
Ramsay Clinic Cairns has a number of onsite Psychiatrists consulting from the medical suites. RCC run a variety of out-patient, group-based therapy programs. Specialising in Mood Disorders, Anxiety program and Relapse prevention programme. To complement the outpatient services, RCC is also a 30 bed inpatient facility. The staff at the Ramsay Clinic Cairns anticipate and respect the personalised needs of clients and their families. Ramsay Clinic Cairns is a fully accredited mental health hospital and prides itself on its values.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Dolores Cross on CrossD@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 8th June 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend