Head Radiographer - Cardiac Cath Lab
Job no: 533480
Work type: Full time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Head Radiographer – Cardiac Cath Lab
Full Time Opportunity (76 hours/fortnight)
Exciting relocation opportunity for a qualified Radiation Safety professional to take on this exciting role at Cairns Private Hospital
- Bring your Clinical skills to beautiful far north Queensland for the ultimate sea change!
- Looking to relocate to the areas – relocation costs can be covered including short term accommodation
- Sponsorship opportunity available
About the Role
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, Australia, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. We are committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area. This role will be based in the 28-bed surgical ward, taking care of patients from different specialties including urology, ENT, vascular, gynaecological and general surgery.
As the Head Radiographer of our Cath Lab, you will be contributing as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of high quality care to patients and clients who access angiography services along with the provision of clinical and provisional support to other team members in the angiography suite.
This role is also responsible for the provision of training and implementation of safe working practices as required in line with the Radiation Safety and Protection Plan. This will include;
- Arranging staff training for the radiation Plan (on behalf of the Possession Licensee) on:
- radiation hazards
- safe work practices and procedures
- individual responsibilities
- Review the radiation safety Plan to ensure it continues to be effective and liaise with ensure the Radiation Safety Act 1999, the Plan and relevant safety standards are being complied with.
- Report to the Possession Licensee:
- non-compliance with the plan or safety standards
- what needs to be done to ensure compliance
- Protect people from the health risks associated with exposure to radiation used in your radiation practice and protect the surrounding environment from the negative effects of the radiation used.
- Assist with all internal and external accreditation processes in terms of Radiation safety compliance for the facility.
- Relevant qualifications in Radiography and completion of PDY AIR accreditation
- EPA Radiation Licence to Operate
- Previous experience in a Radiation Safety position or Senior Radiography experience will be essential role
- Proficiency in the use of computers including Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working in a cardiac catheterisation laboratory / angiography suite
- Demonstrated working knowledge of angiography
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $55.00 - $65.00 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
The hospital is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Cairns Private Hospital is committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
Cairns Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator and has a contract with Queensland Health to provide some public health services to the residents of Cairns and surrounding areas.
- Supportive and friendly team environment
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Claire Harding on HardingC@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 5th July 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend