We are seeking Expressions of Interest for enthusiastic Qualified Clinical Coders to join our Ramsay hospitals across NSW on a casual basis. The NSW Region includes 28 facilities located within the Sydney Metropolitan, Newcastle, and regional NSW areas. To view a list of these facilities, please visit our website: https://www.ramsayhealth.com.au/Find-a-Service/Hospitals/New-South-Wales
Reporting to the NSW Regional Health Information Manager or relevant Manager, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures following current Australian Coding Standards. Each hospital within the Ramsay network has a varied mix of specialties, ensuring that your work will be challenging and diverse. Importantly, you will also provide support to the relevant manager, ensuring data is collected, collated, and managed in line with hospital and relevant legislative requirements.
The data being collated and processed is highly confidential and will be used for billing, morbidity collections, research, statistical analysis, management information systems, quality activities and casemix management including Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) allocations.
To be successful in this role, you will work effectively both within a team environment and independently as required. Your ability to maintain positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, ensuring all quality outcomes are achieved, is crucial for this role.
You will also have the following criteria:
- Completion of Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA); Clinical Coding Course; Associate Diploma or Bachelor of Applied Science, Medical Record Administration or Health Information Management; or similar relevant tertiary qualification.
- Eligible for membership with HIMAA.
- Demonstrated current experience in Clinical Coding including a minimum of 1 year fulltime equivalent hours (FTE) coding experience (post training) coding a similar casemix to that of the recruiting facility.
- Demonstrated ability to code independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated interest in clinical coding, highly developed ability to self-manage and a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently as required.
- Commitment to professional development through quality activities, constructive feedback, and mentoring.
- Sound computer literacy and skills within the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with patient administration software relevant to hospital (e.g. Meditech)
- Previous Private Hospital experience
On offer is an hourly rate of $41 - $45 plus Superannuation and Casual Loading dependent on qualifications and experience.
Working with Us
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 facilities across 11 countries making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world.
Ramsay is well-respected throughout the global health care industry for its quality health care operations and excellent record in hospital management and patient care. Its focus is on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People”.
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
Enquiries can be directed to:
Regional Health Information Manager – NSW
Applications must be lodged online by clicking the Apply button within this advertisement. Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae outlining your experience and skills in line with the above criteria and 2 current work-related referees.