Radiation Safety Officer/Radiographer
Permanent Part-Time (32 hours per fortnight)
We are seeking a qualified Radiation Safety professional to take on this exciting dual-role at John Flynn Private Hospital on the beautiful Gold Coast.
About the Role
The Radiation Safety Officer – you will be responsible for the provision of training and implementation of safe working practices as required in line with the Radiation Safety and Protection Plan. This will include;
- Arranging staff training for the radiation Plan (on behalf of the Possession Licensee) on:
- radiation hazards
- safe work practices and procedures
- individual responsibilities
- Implement the radiation safety Plan to ensure it continues to be effective and liaise with Queensland Radiation Health Unit to ensure the Radiation Safety Act 1999, the Plan and relevant safety standards are being complied with.
- Report to the Possession Licensee:
- non-compliance with the plan or safety standards
- what needs to be done to ensure compliance
- Protect people from the health risks associated with exposure to radiation used in your radiation practice and protect the surrounding environment from the negative effects of the radiation used.
- Assist with all internal and external accreditation processes in terms of Radiation safety compliance for the facility.
The Radiographer - you will be contributing as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of high quality care to patients and clients who access fluoroscopy services along with the provision of clinical and provisional support to other team members in the Pain Management programme.
- Relevant qualifications in Radiography and completion of PDY AIR accreditation
- Queensland Radiation Safety Officer Certificate and Queensland Radiation User License
- Previous experience in a Radiation Safety position or Senior Radiography experience will be essential role
- Proficiency in the use of computers including Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Mobile Fluoroscopy and Pain Management procedures
About the Organisation
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve, and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
For enquires regarding this position please contact Kiri Spooner via email SpoonerK@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Applications close: 23 May 2022 at 11:55pm