Rehab Allied Health Team Leader
Job no: 533857
Work type: Full time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Allied Health Rehab Team Leader
Permanent Full Time (76 hours / fortnight)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and experienced allied health professional to apply for the position of Allied Health Team Leader – Rehabilitation at John Flynn Private Hospital. This position will be a Permanent Full-Time role (76 hours per fortnight).
About the Role
Reporting to the Allied Health Manager, this position is responsible for achieving optimal client outcomes by designing, delivering and assessing the effectiveness of allied health services/programs provided to rehabilitation patients at John Flynn Private Hospital. The successful applicant will work closely with the Assistant Director of Clinical Services, Nurse Unit Manager, Doctors and nursing staff of the Rehabilitation unit ensuring the allied health services delivered are in line with clinical best practice and individualised care.
The successful incumbent will remain engaged directly with clinical caseloads and will be responsible for the following:
- Recruitment, development and deployment of allied health staff in the rehabilitation unit. This will include monitoring performance, conducting annual appraisals and ensuring annual competencies are complete
- Ensuring team completion and accurate reporting of AROC data
- Engage and assist in change management processes for quality/service improvement
- Managing departmental KPIs and budget in line with pre-determined criteria
- Equipment management (maintenance, repairs and replacement) within the department
- Ensuring the safety, quality and customer service guidelines and achieved by all members of the team
This role will suit an individual with strong leadership experience along with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively both with internal and external clients will be key to your success in this role along with the capacity to work effectively as part of a professional team. You will be required to work a flexible rotational roster.
Key Selection Criteria
- Recognised qualifications in an Allied Health profession
- Demonstrated ability in leadership and management competence
- Significant experience in supervising and managing senior and junior staff
- Demonstrated commitment to service improvement and quality principles
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement program
- Ability to provide staff training and education
- Ability to provide a customer focused service
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice
- Sound computer skills in MS Office programs
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Allan Chan, Allied Health Manager on ChanAllan@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 23rd May 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend