Service Line Director, Ramsay Cancer Care
- Lead the development of Cancer Services within Ramsay Health Care, becoming part of a national initiative to develop a model of comprehensive care in the private sector
- Join a dynamic team with a focus on clinical excellence, research, new models of care & growth
- Work within a health care environment and play a defining role in developing comprehensive care across both in hospital & out of hospital environments
Ramsay Health Care is seeking a full time Service Line Director who will be responsible for leading the development & implementation of initiatives that are designed to support the delivery of outstanding comprehensive cancer services within Ramsay Health Care Australia. The Service Line Director is a critical role that will work alongside the Head of Research, Integrated Care & Innovation to implement initiatives that are founded in clinical excellence and will support the growth & development of cancer services within Ramsay.
The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of comprehensive cancer care and will need to be hands on, working collaboratively across the business to lead the development of key projects and initiatives designed to support Ramsay’s overall strategic direction.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to the development of the largest comprehensive cancer care network in Australia, shaping the future of services for the benefit of our patients and doctors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participation in the development and refinement of the overarching strategy for cancer services within Ramsay;
- Development of key projects to support the delivery & execution of Ramsay’s cancer care strategy;
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholder groups to lead the implementation of key projects across the business, with a focus on process improvement and change management;
- Ensuring that patient & doctor experience is at the forefront of the service line initiatives;
- Engaging & developing the National Leadership group for cancer services to ensure that there is strong communication & engagement across the service line and the business;
- Participation in the National Doctors Advisory Panel to ensure that key stakeholders are kept informed as these initiatives develop;
- Representing Ramsay Cancer Care at internal and external meetings to promote the development of comprehensive services within the business; and
- Working collaboratively with internal & external stakeholders to develop new models of care and new funding opportunities to support the operations of the services
- Expanding and developing the cancer care workforce in collaboration with HR, Nursing & Allied Health leaders within Ramsay
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining systems to support the operational activities of the service line, with strong focus on best practice project management and change management.
About Ramsay Health Care
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, United Kingdom, France, Scandinavia, Indonesia and Malaysia. Ramsay Health Care is Australia's largest private hospital operator with 73 private hospitals.
The role will work alongside Nicola Ware, Head of Research, Innovation & Integrated Care, and will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Robert Herkes and other key stakeholders including the Australian Executive, Hospital CEOs & DCSs, Oncology NUMs, Cancer Care Navigators and the National Research Team.
The role will encompass a number of key elements across people, processes and technology, including:
- Project design, planning, execution, evaluation
- Project Leadership and Management
- Teamwork/Collaborative Working
- Change Management
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a clinical environment and familiarity with the delivery of cancer care services;
- Experience working with busy healthcare professionals, doctors and Executives, and an understanding of how to effectively manage and work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Proven ability to establish relationships, influence, and work in partnership with stakeholders and employees at all levels;
- Demonstrated high level oral and written skills;
- Demonstrated high level conceptual and analytical skills with the capacity to show initiative, to develop solutions, and to ensure that each project is successful;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and pursue challenging goals whilst successfully managing competing priorities; and
- High level knowledge of relevant codes and legislation related to clinical services, accreditation, workforce management & research within Australia
For more information about this role, to request a position description, or to have a confidential discussion, please contact:
Head, Research, Innovation & Integrated Care,
E: email@example.com or
To Apply: To express your interest, please email through your resume & cover letter by clicking APPLY.
Applications close on: COB 25 May 2022