Dispensary Technician - Wangaratta
Job no: 534278
Work type: Part time
Location: Ramsay Pharmacy - VIC Regional
The Ramsay Pharmacy Group (RPG) is part of Ramsay Health Care (RHC), Australia’s largest private hospital operator, providing specialised medication and pharmacy services to community patients throughout Australia.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Dispensary Technician to join our Ramsay Pharmacy, Ovens Street, Wangaratta. We have a permanent part time position available on a rotating roster (67 hours per fortnight).
We are open to candidates without previous Dispensary Technician experience, if they are the right fit for the team and are willing to complete the necessary training for this role (which will be provided both on the job and by completion of a Dispensary Technician Certificate.)
We are seeking someone with the following attribute and skills:
- Highly organised and with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team and also independently when required
- A strong work ethic and eagerness to learn
The following skills or experience are preferred, but not essential:
- Certificate II or III in Community Pharmacy
- Understanding of S2, S3 and S4 medications and associated regulations
- Dispensary experience
- Understanding of PBS and private prescription pricing and processing
- Webster packing experience
You must be focused on customer service and able to demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and excellent communication skills.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Packing medications in drug administration aids
- Assisting the pharmacist with the dispensing of medications
- Inventory management
- Remaining up to date with PBS legislative requirements impacting the pharmacy/dispensary
- Continually provide exceptional customer service to all our customers
Ramsay Pharmacy is committed to providing training, ongoing support and individual career development opportunities. Other benefits include an employee benefit scheme, staff recognition and being part of a multi-disciplinary health care team that works across many healthcare disciplines.
To apply, attach your CV addressing the requirements above, together with details of two work referees to the on-line link below. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencing. Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, customers, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement including COVID-19.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend