Clinical Operations Nurse Manager
We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Clinical Operations Nurse Manager to join our leadership team at Ramsay Clinic Albert Road in central Melbourne.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity following the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System to be involved in the implementation and operations of the first ever public private partnership to open a specialist unit for women and those who identify women. This rare opportunity will allow for the provision of services aiming to improving the outcomes for women requiring acute mental health treatment, care and support. This will be a challenging and rewarding role leading the operations of this unique inpatient and home-based service. If you are passionate about supporting the mental health recovery of women and changing the future of how mental health services are delivered this role is for you.
A collaborative partnership has been developed with Ramsay Health, Alfred Health and Goulburn Valley Health to deliver this exciting new mental health service.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to a team providing high quality care to a 24 inpatient bed woman’s unit and 6 in home care substitution beds. The inpatient unit will provide a range of mental health services and includes perinatal, eating disorder and general mental health beds.
The role will be working closely with the Clinical Director and partnering with the executive team. You will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the program. This role encompasses planning, implementing, and evaluating practices, processes and clinical services.
You will be supported by an amazing team of talented and passionate Associate NUM’s, allied health, lived experience and medical staff while reporting to and utilising the mentorship of the Director of Clinical Services. This role will include building links to Alfred Mental & Addictions Health, Goulburn Valley Health, Shepparton Private Hospital and Safer Care Victoria including both The Office of the Chief Psychiatrist and The Office of the Chief Mental Health Nurse.
To succeed in this role you will have a keen desire to be part of a new era of mental health service delivery. You will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset in an acute hospital setting with previous experience as a NUM or ANUM. You will bring a keen eye for strategic management of clinical staff, financial and material resources along with the capacity to effectively manage bed flow within the service. Also key will be the capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor.
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Working with Children check
- Proven experience as a Clinical Leader with relevant specialty experience in Mental Health is essential
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Strong understanding of both private and public sector health care
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement / risk management program
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel
A competitive package will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on qualifications and experience.
About the Organisation
Ramsay Clinic Albert Road is one of Victoria's leading psychiatric facilities. The Clinic provides a full range of general, acute and specialised psychiatric services including inpatient, day patient and community Outreach programs.
The Clinic is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Mark Graham, Director of Clinical Services on GrahamM@ramsayhealth.com.au