Nurse Unit Manager - Endoscopy
We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager to join our team at Pindara Private Hospital in a Permanent Full-Time position.
About the Role
In this role, you will be joining our expert perioperative team providing procedures across our operating theatres. You will perform clinical and management duties to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients as they undergo their procedures with your specific focus being on Endoscopic procedures. You will work closely with a diverse team of Gastroenterologists, medical officers, nurses and clinical support staff to achieve positive outcomes for our clients.
You will be mentoring and leading a passionate team of nurses and clinical support staff alongside a supportive leadership team so this role will suit an individual driven to help others succeed. This is a perfect opportunity for a senior nurse to step up into a management role and build your clinical leadership skillset.
This is a permanent full-time position however applicants seeking to work a 9 day fortnight would also be considered.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset in an acute hospital setting. You will also possess a keen eye for strategic management of clinical staff, financial and material resources. Also key, will be the capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor.
Key Selection Criteria;
- Relevant qualifications and registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 5 years postgraduate experience, with a minimum of 3 years working with the endoscopy speciality of nursing
- Effective communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement / risk management program
- Previous experience in a similar management or team leader position
- Holding or working towards a tertiary management qualification (highly regarded)
- Post graduate studies in an appropriate specialty area (highly regarded)
About the Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast.
Pindara Private Hospital has recently undergone a redevelopment phase, now providing 369 licensed acute care beds and extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 19 Operating Theatres including our Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. Recent additions from the redevelopment also include a 5-level medical suite building and a convenient multi-level car park free for patients, visitors and staff.
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.