Food Services Assistant
Job no: 535820
Work type: Casual, Part time
Location: Peninsula Private Hospital, Corporate Services - VIC Metropolitan
Categories: Catering/Food Services
Food Services Assistants
We are seeking positive, hard-working Food Services Assistants to join our Food Services team at Peninsula Private Hospital on a part-time or casual basis.
About the Role
As a Food Services Assistant, you will be assisting the chef with food preparation and be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages, and basic food preparation. This also includes preparation of special dietary needs for patients as directed by the hospital Dietician or relevant Manager.
You will also be responsible for maintaining cleanliness within the department in line with required food safety, infection control and hospital standards, while offering high standards of quality and service to customer and patients.
In this role you will report to Catering Manager and work closely with a positive and respected team.
To succeed in this role, you will have a high attention to detail and work effectively in a team or independently as required, within a fast paced environment. Your ability to prioritise tasks effectively will assist you with your excellent time management skills.
The flexibility to take shifts across the three sites when required will be essential.
You will also bring;
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Compliance with HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace, Health and Safety
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
On offer is a base hourly rate of $22-$24 plus superannuation and casual loading, based on experience.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric 341 bed facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's south east. As a fully accredited
health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Trent Edwards at EdwardsTrent@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 8th July 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend