Nurse Unit Manager – Intensive Care Unit
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated health care professional to lead a team of experienced, supportive and friendly staff in the Intensive Care Unit.
This is a full-time opportunity.
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of patient care, developing and maintaining safe clinical practices and excellent clinical outcomes, quality improvement, human resources management and budget preparation of the unit. Our 10 bed Intensive Care Unit supports our surgical and medical streams for those patients requiring higher care and more recently to cardiothoracic surgical patients. We also offer a new Cardiothoracic Surgery Service, with ICU supporting post operative care of patients undergoing coronary artery bypass and valve surgery.
Key to the Hospital’s success is a highly skilled and expert team of staff supported by a comprehensive range of professional development opportunities and experienced senior staff with strong knowledge of critical care nursing.
The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure improved patient outcomes. The role requires working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. The position is accountable for the efficient and effective management of staff within the department.
This fast paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services (DCS).
- Skilled Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration
- 5 years post registration experience and able to demonstrate expert clinical practice
- Cardiothoracic Surgery experience will be highly regarded
- Experience in a Senior Hospital Management role
- Demonstrated ability in team leadership, performance management and managing change in a consultative management style
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service and a team approach
- Ability to review and implement continuous improvement programs
- Post Graduate qualification in management and/or Critical Care or working towards
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $59.72-$64.24 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW NUM Level 1-3) [FTE $118,013.48- - $126,942.4]
Why Wollongong Private Hospital?
The 151 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It will feature state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Surgical specialities include orthopaedics, interventional cardiology, ophthalmology, ENT, bariatric, head and neck, neurosurgical, gynaecological, urology, colorectal, upper GI, general, vascular and plastics.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Caroline Wilson, Director of Clinical Services on WilsonCaroline@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 15th July 2022 at 11.55pm