Ramsay Health Plus
We are seeking an experience Physiotherapist to provide support to the Rehabilitation Team in our small, supportive and friendly hospital environment.
This is a Permanent Part-time Opportunity!
About the Role
Ramsay Health Plus (RHP) based at The Southport Private Hospital is looking to recruit a pelvic health specialist physiotherapist to run and help build the outpatient service currently operating. The role will be part time with the number of hours determined by the availability of the successful candidate but needs to be no less than one day (minimum 5hrs) per week.
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting functional assessments, providing therapy in both individual and group settings whilst developing appropriate discharge plans within a multidisciplinary team.
The team at Southport comprises the whole MDT and offers a very supportive workplace. The successful applicant will work alongside another Physiotherapist and an Allied Health Assistant at the weekend.
You will be a passionate pelvic health physiotherapist with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills which allow you to build rapport and deliver a high standard of customer-focused service. You will also demonstrate the ability to manage conflicting priorities and workloads both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
You will also demonstrate:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or equivalent with AHPRA registration
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in pelvic health
- Completion of the level 2 APA Women’s Health course is essential
- Completion of, or enrolment in, a Women’s Health / Pelvic Health Masters or Women’s Health Training Associates course is highly desirable
- Must be willing to complete a competency in internal vaginal examination if not already certified
- Experience in fitting Pessaries – highly desirable
- Experience with Hydrotherapy – highly desirable
- Be willing to contribute to the development and promotion of a cohesive and interactive team
- Flexible and positive approach to work
There may be an opportunity to work within the inpatient maternity and pelvic health teams based at Pindara Private Hospital and to provide consults to rehabilitation inpatients with pelvic health concerns at The Southport Private Hospital.
About the Hospital
Southport Private hospital provides a 42-bed rehabilitation unit, offering inpatient and day programs for orthopaedic, neurological, amputee, musculoskeletal, pain management, arthritis and pulmonary rehabilitation.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Helen Slaughter, Allied Health Services Manager, at SlaughterH@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 5 July 2022 at 11:55pm