Job no: 536088
Work type: Casual
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Join our Casual Pool team at Cairns Private Hospital
Multiple Opportunities Available
About the Role
Working in our Nursing pool will see you assigned shifts across multiple departments relevant to your experience, in order to support the operation of the hospital. As a member of our clinical team you will perform duties, with the support and guidance of our Clinical Nurses, Shift leaders and Nurse Unit Managers to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in acute ward nursing within the hospital setting, be passionate about utilising evidence-based practice within our wards and thrive when working within a varied and fast-paced environment. Your ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate patient care, along with your ability to manage rapidly changing situations that affect patient care and workload is essential to this role.
The successful candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA as an Registered Nurse
- Any recent experience working in a medical, surgical, critical care, oncology, gynaecology or any specialty ward highly regarded
- Recent relevant experience and understanding of issues associated with acute care
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service
Candidates with a post registration qualification in the relevant area of specialty will be highly regarded.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $37.04 - $47.76 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD RN/Midwife gr2-gr8) [FTE $73 193.41 - $94 380.08]
About the Organisation
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
All new employees
- must be up-to-date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisations against infectious disease.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Heather Middleton, at email@example.com
Closing date: 20 July 2022, 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend