Director of Finance and Support Services - Tamara Private
- Part-time Hospital Executive role
- Exciting Challenge
- Dynamic Leadership position
The Role and You
We are seeking a dynamic, commercially savvy, leadership driven and effective Director of Finance and Support Services for Tamara Private Hospital.
As the Director of Finance and Support Services, you will be responsible for the financial management and financial performance of the hospital. You will be supported by an offsite Finance Service Centre which will undertake the transactional accounting for you however, ownership of the accuracy and integrity of the financials will sit within this role.
Additionally you will be responsible for:
To be successful in this role you will possess significant commercial acumen, financial management expertise, highly effective leadership skills and the ability to foster strong, positive, and professional relationships with remote and on-site teams.
You will also meet the following criteria:
- Qualifications in accountancy/finance management, preferably CPA or CA
- Minimum 5 years accountancy experience
- Demonstrated commercial acumen - ability to analyse financial and operational information, develop value creating insights and work collaboratively with the business to improve business performance
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail, decision making capabilities and ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs especially Excel
- Previous experience working with large accounting software packages and financial reporting models including advanced budget preparation
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support key non-financial stakeholders in a “no surprises” environment
- Professional membership of an Accounting body (CPA or CA)
- Financial management experience in a health care environment
- Knowledge of financial legislation and financial risk management frameworks in a healthcare environment
Experience in a health care setting and knowledge of financial legislation and financial risk management frameworks in a healthcare environment would be viewed favourably.
Tamara Private is a 45 bed Medical & Surgical Hospital with a large Day Surgery Unit adjacent to the 3 operating theatres and a large procedure room and a High Dependency Unit. Our surgical specialities include: General Surgery; Urology; Endoscopy; Ophthalmology; Gynaecology; ENT; Orthopaedic (including major Joint replacements); Oral Maxillary & Dental & Plastic Surgery
Working with us
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals, day surgery centres, treatment facilities, rehabilitation and psychiatric units, and a nursing college across Australia, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Maldives.
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s largest private hospital operator and is well-respected in the health care industry due to its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way - "People Caring for People" and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture. These features help to attract leading health care practitioners to work within our facilities.
As a part of Ramsay Health Care’s ongoing response to the pandemic and commitment to the health and wellbeing of the community, successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid-19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check and Working with Children Check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
All enquiries should be directed to:
Dr Patricia Thornberry
CEO/Director of Clinical Services
Tamara Private Hospital
Tamworth, NSW 2340
PH: 02 67645670
Applications must be lodged online by clicking the Apply button within this advertisement. Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae outlining your experience and skills in line with the above criteria and 2 current work-related referees who may be contacted.
Applications close: 8 July 2022