Clinical Nurse Educator
Job no: 536258
Work type: Full time
Location: Glenferrie Private Hospital, Masada Private Hospital, The Avenue Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Clinical Nurse Educator
Join our Education team and support our Network of Hospitals of The Avenue, Masada and Glenferrie Private Hospitals across South Metro Melbourne.
About the Role
As our Network Clinical Nurse Educator, you will be working closely with the network Education Team and Staff Development Coordinator to develop, implement, deliver and evaluate our training and education programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic planning strategies. You will be expected to achieve results through facilitating regular orientations, in-servicing and clinical competence programs.
This is a hands-on role requiring an exceptional candidate that can not only deliver formal training but also lead, coach, and inspire others through practical on the job training working alongside our team of clinical employees. In addition, you will ensure key unit objectives are achieved whilst promoting a culture of continuous improvement and positive learning environments.
We are seeking Registered Nurses who have a passion for supporting others through training and development. You would need recent experience in acute, surgical and or peri operative services. It is crucial that you have innovative thinking, solution orientated and self-motivated. This opportunity will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence your team.
Your positive attitude, ability to prioritise, delegate and adapt, along with your excellent time management skills are of critical importance for this role.
You will also bring:
- Relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Recent experience in a clinical education role
- Recent experience in acute, surgical care and / or peri operative services
- Prior demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring and developing others
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated experience working towards and achieving team KPI’s
- Commitment and positive attitude towards education and professional development
- Proven presentation and teaching skills in individual, small and large group settings
- Post Graduate nursing qualifications in Adult or Clinical Education
- Cert IV Training and Assessment or working towards
The Hospital Network
- Glenferrie Private Hospital has 3 modern operating theatres with the latest equipment, and a purpose-built day surgery facility. We specialise in providing care for private short-stay patients undergoing orthopaedic and specialist surgery. While our atmosphere is relaxed, our equipment and facilities are at the forefront of medical technology and practice. Glenferrie has free onsite parking and is close public transport.
- The Avenue Hospital is an advanced 152 bed private surgical and medical hospital located in the inner city suburb of Windsor. The staff at the hospital are committed to providing quality health care and excellence in customer service. The hospital has 11 operating theatres, 2 Procedure Rooms, large day surgery centre, a High Dependency Unit, a Dermatology Centre and advanced interventional imaging services (including MRI, CT and Ultrasound). The hospital has an on-site Café and car parking available.
- Masada Private Hospital is a fully accredited 105 bed acute medical, surgical facility with specialised dermatology, early parenting and rehabilitation services. We also have 4 theatres and a DPU on site specialising in Plastics, ENT, gender re assignment, ophthalmology, dental, gyaenacology, pain, endoscopy, general surgery and minor orthopaedics. We are located in central Melbourne. We have free parking on site. Our philosophy is to provide a range of services which are appropriate to the needs of the community. We have experienced and committed staff who deliver great patient centered care.
The Hospitals are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Anna Walsh, Staff Development Coordinator, on WalshAnna@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 21st July 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend