Job no: 538166
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: St George Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Oncology Registered Nurse
St George Private Hospital is offering a permanent full time or part time Registered Nurse position to join our friendly oncology team.
About the Role
The Oncology Day and Infusion Unit comprises 16 treatment chairs and two beds. The unit was completely rebuilt 18months ago and provides chemotherapy and other infusion therapies. We are also linked to a Clinical Trials Unit and provide the infusions of varying trials.
Operational hours are Monday – Friday, 0830 – 1700 or as required.
As a Registered Nurse you will:
- Administer chemotherapy, immunotherapy, blood products and other infusions
- Have sound clinical decision making and problem solving ability
- Proven clinical experience in oncology nursing
- Assessment of patients, recognise and implement effective strategies to intervene and stabilise patients
- Monitor for adverse reactions
- Provide quality holistic care to each oncology patient
- Demonstrate excellence in CVAD management and cannulation skill
- Demonstrate skills in patient and carer education and instruction
- Registration with AHPRA
- Maintain Continuous Professional portfolio in line with the requirements of AHPRA
- Evidence of completion or willingness to complete the eviQ Antineoplastic Drug Administration course.
- Effective personal and communication skills
- A commitment to delivering and achieving excellent customer satisfaction and quality clinical outcomes
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Computer literacy and documentation skills
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $34.43 - $48.33 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8) [FTE 68,033.68 - $95,500.08]
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Linda Hawgood, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 16th August 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend