The Avenue Private Hospital is seeking administrative professionals to join our Ward Clerk team. There are multiple casual opportunities.
About the Role
As a Ward Clerk, you are responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to patients and their families upon their arrival at the hospital. You will also assist the administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patients’ admission to discharge.
Responsibilities of this job may include:
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls on the ward
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments.
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients.
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a strong administrative skillset and a passion for customer service and enjoys being part of a busy environment. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of admissions and discharges is a key skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- Computer literacy including the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Administration experience in a medical setting will be highly desired.
- Experience with Patient Management Systems, ideally Meditech, is highly desired.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, The Avenue is an advanced 152 bed private surgical and medical hospital located in the inner city suburb of Windsor.
The hospital has 11 operating theatres, 3 procedure rooms, a large day surgery centre, a High Dependency Unit, a Dermatology Centre and advanced interventional imaging services (including MRI, CT and Ultrasound).
Culture & Benefits of joining the Avenue team:
At The Avenue we have an excellent reputation for a high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement. Patient health, safety and comfort are a priority, and The Avenue Hospital continually monitors and evaluates its performance to achieve this critical outcome.
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits. Check it out at http://www.ramsaycareers.com.au/Why-Ramsay/Employee-Benefits
Ramsay Healthcare has a strong history of providing leadership programs to aspiring senior leaders who promote The Ramsay Way. The Ramsay Leadership Program is designed to explore what skills and attributes are needed to be successful at a Ramsay Executive level.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact:
Julia Crowther, Chief Health Information Manager