Job no: 538474
Work type: Casual
Location: Westmead Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
CSSD Sterilisation Technician
Multiple Casual opportunities available
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for carrying out the cleaning, assembly, inspection, wrapping and sterilisation of surgical instruments and medical equipment for Westmead Private Hospital’s Clinical departments and external customers. This will include working in conjunction with the Operating Theatre staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and equipment where applicable. This is a critical part of the surgical process and the ability to work efficiently with your team to manage pressing deadlines is crucial.
You will ensure consistency and continuous workflow between the various Operating Theatre areas and CSD whilst practising exceptional customer service and maintaining the high operational standards of the sterilisation department.
In this role you will report to the CSSD Manager and work closely with an efficient professional team.
To succeed in this role, you will have or working towards a qualification in Sterilising Services. Your positive attitude will enable you to work effectively alongside our team and independently as required. In addition, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to assist the perioperative team to deliver the best care for our patients in line with our Ramsay core values.
You will also bring:
- Certificate (or working towards) in Sterilising Services
- Be customer orientated – internal and external
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Fully committed to continual improvement
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Can do’ attitude and good work ethic
- Experience working in a Sterilising Unit desirable but not essential
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Westmead Private Hospital is a modern facility offering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Located in western Sydney, Westmead Private has developed a strong focus in interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, urology and orthopaedics.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Alan O’Shaughnessy on OShaughnessyA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 18 August 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend