Hospital Medical Officer
Job no: 538482
Work type: Part time
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Medical Professionals
Hospital Medical Officer
Part Time Opportunity!
About the Role
Southern Highlands Private Hospital currently has an opportunity for a Medical Officer interested in joining our existing team of doctors and providing clinical management and care for a wide range of hospital inpatients. Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides patient services across a wide range of specialties, from medical/surgical to palliative care, rehab and oncology.
The role will be one week on, one week off with shifts from 7:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday, with the possibility of some on call or evening shifts.
The Medical Officer is responsible for:
- Review of all inpatients as required, ordering of investigations and reviews as deemed necessary
- Complete comprehensive patient admission assessments in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive record of inpatient notes on patients conditions and plan of care
- Assist with education of clinical staff as required
- Liaise and consult with VMOs on patient’s condition and care plans
- Provide effective first line management during medical emergencies
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- General Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum PGY3 +
- Competent in providing advanced life support measures with current ALS certification
- Ability to obtain a Medicare provider number
Southern Highlands Private Hospital is a modern 70 bed facility built in 1996. Located in Bowral in the picturesque and peaceful Southern Highlands of NSW. We are 1 ½ hours from Sydney,
1 ¾ hours from Canberra and 55 minutes from the South Coast.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please contact Annie Dean, Director of Clinical Services at DeanA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 21st August 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend