Job no: 538593
Work type: Casual
Location: Pindara Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
About the Role
Reporting to the Head Chef / Catering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Food production / preparation for patients, staff and doctor’s meals as well as hospital functions as required;
- Ensure food is prepared and stored in accordance with the hygiene standards as indicated in the food hygiene regulations;
- Demonstrate awareness and ability to meet the dietary needs of all customers;
- Comply with hygiene standards and Occupational Health and Safety requirements at all times; and
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness and organisation in the catering department at all times.
The successful applicant will be passionate about delivering high quality food to patients, staff and visitors at our facility and will also possess the following attributes:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Chef in a large scale food preparation environment;
- Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery/Trade Certificate;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Food Safety Certificate;
- HACCP training and commitment to excellence in hygiene standards;
- Enthusiastic and a positive "can do" attitude;
- Contribute effectively to a team environment and independently as required;
- Demonstrate a great work ethic and attention to detail; and
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads;
This position will require you to have the flexibility to participate in a 7 day rotational roster.
About the Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 bed licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a new 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres - including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units. Other services include Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site specialist rooms. The campus also includes a 5 level medical specialist’s suite.
Ramsay Health Care is a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
If you would like discuss this opportunity, please contact Laura Carolan at CarolanL@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 20 August 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend