Cardiothoracic Scrub / Scout Registered Nurse
Join us and we will:
- Value your strengths
- Appreciate your contribution
- Support you to learn and grow
- Grow your career in a friendly and welcoming environment
- Sponsorship, relocation package and short-term accommodation (terms and conditions apply)
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Cardiac Scrub Scout to join our Perioperative Services team. Seeking to grow our dedicated and knowledgeable team, we are looking for you to bring demonstrated skills and experienced clinical skillset to work across the full scope of our services.
Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for our patients.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Relevant qualifications and registration with AHPRA
- 2 + years’ experience or more as a Registered Nurse in a perioperative setting with cardiac scrub scout experience
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications will be highly regarded though not essential
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and clinical problem-solving skills to maximise patient care within the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to the continuous improvement of health care and nursing practice
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
Wollongong Private Hospital is a 171 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, ten operating theatres, cardiac and vascular Labs and an Endoscopy suite. Surgical specialities include Cardiothoracics, Orthopaedics, Neurosurgery, interventional cardiology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Bariatric, Head and Neck, Gynaecological, Urology, Colorectal, upper GI, General, Vascular and Plastics.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who would like to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment
Commencing Cardiothoracic Surgery in September 2021, we serve private and public patients in our region, operating 5 days per week, being available for call 24/7.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Professional development programs
- Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Car servicing discounts on Mazda vehicles
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave ask to find out more specific details
$34.43 - $48.33 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8) [FTE 68,033.68 - $95,500.08]
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Brett Hazelgrove on Hazelgroveb@ramsayhealth.com.au