NURSE UNIT MANAGER
Hillcrest -Rockhampton Private Hospital, Rockhampton
- Permanent full-time (76 hours/fortnight)
- Immediately access a fantastic range of employee benefits and programs
- We care about YOU! Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal & financial assistance.
The bustling city of Rockhampton is a thirty-minute drive to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, Great Keppel Island and is surrounded by many beautiful national parks offering weekend adventures at every turn.
Rockhampton offers affordable housing, excellent educational facilities and the average commute to work only 15 minutes, allowing plenty of time for family and lifestyle activities.
Hillcrest Rockhampton Private Hospital is on the lookout for a dedicated and experienced Mental Health Nurse with a strong passion for leadership and delivering outstanding patient care, to step into a thrilling clinical management position!
About the Role
You will have exceptional managerial and leadership abilities to head a skilled team of nursing and allied health professionals specialising in Mental Health. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Strategically planning, executing and assessing practices, procedures and services within the department to enhance patient outcomes
- Receiving support and guidance from our clinical management team and executive personnel
- Guaranteeing the delivery of excellent patient care that aligns with the Hospital and Ramsay Health Care’s values and strategic direction.
Ramsay Clinic Rockhampton provides services for patients requiring treatment for Mental Health disorders including Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia and Psychotic disorders. Ramsay Clinic Rockhampton also provides day programs including Anxiety Treatment, Recovery and Relapse Prevention and Mood Disorders.
ECT & TMS also provided both as inpatient and output service.
To succeed in this role, you will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to inspire, motivate and mentor your team.
- You will be a leader with a passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow while bringing a passion for a high level of client care and service.
- Experience working in a Private Mental Health facility is desirable.
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience in a Mental Health environment
- Strong leadership capability, working as a Nursing Manager
- Post Graduate Mental Health Qualification
- ALS Certification (or willingness to gain this certification)
Remuneration : On offer is a base hourly salary ranging $65.84 - $71.24 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances
About the Hospital
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeons to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 by a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any enquiries or questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Kristine Kelly (Director of Clinical Services) on 07 4932 1321.