Patient Care Assistant
Job no: 559321
Work type: Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Assistant
Patient Care Assistant
Cairns Private Hospital, Cairns City
- Adjustable hours: 2 Permanent part time positions - work according to your schedule that suits you
- We care about YOU! Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal & financial assistance
- Enjoy benefits such as paid parental leave, study leave and even the option to purchase extra annual leave.
About the position
As part of this role, you will play a crucial role in supporting the clinical team which comprises of Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses, in delivering outstanding services and care to patients and their families.
Your responsibilities will encompass aiding in patient transportation, assisting with patient hygiene and repositioning, and contributing to various cleaning and restocking tasks.
Availability to work across a rotating roster including evenings and weekends will be required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining a high standard of customer service
- Desirable: Certification (Cert 3) in Health Service Assistance
- Nursing Students encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Free access to permanent employees Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- Must provide a current Working-With-Children check
- Must provide proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any enquiries regarding this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Kevin Naughton, Assistant DCS via email at NaughtonK@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend