Permanent Full-Time Opportunity!
- Grow your career in a friendly and welcoming environment
- We pride ourselves on great teamwork
About the Role
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will undertake and manage all engineering and building maintenance activities to ensure that all building, plant and equipment is maintained to an acceptable safe and operational standard.
Supervising and retaining maintenance contractors or staff as required, to ensure provision of an efficient and effective comprehensive engineering maintenance service that complies with legislative standards, corporate policy guidelines and approved Hospital budgets.
In this role, you will have the ability to work across multiple sites in the Newcastle region in the future but will be based at Lake Macquarie. You will report to the Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Qualification as a Trades person
- Experience in and willingness to work across trade areas within skill levels
- Flexibility to participate in afterhours on-call service performing after hours maintenance and emergency tasks as required
- Flexibility to work across various site in region
- Previous experience in commercial facility maintenance, preferably hospitals
- Previous experience in a leadership and supervisory role
- Proven experience in external contractor management including negotiation of maintenance contracts
- Experience managing defect and warranty periods
- Ability to effectively oversee planned maintenance programs and reactive maintenance tasks
- Demonstrated understanding of OH&S requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of accreditation / certification processes
- Experience in and ongoing commitment to Quality Improvement principles
- Proven ability to work independently whilst also contributing to a team and working towards
- independent, team and organisational objectives
- Good mechanical aptitude and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Sound level of computer literacy skills
- Previous experience in Hospital maintenance role
- Qualifications in Management
- Qualifications in Fire Safety Training
Above award rate $ 38.00 per hour + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
About the Hospital
Lake Macquarie and the Hunter region offer wonderful lifestyle’s for families/singles wishing to relocate. The Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, Newcastle and Lake Macquarie are all at the doorstep.
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187-bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Robitics, Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Professional development programs
- Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Car servicing discounts on Mazda vehicles
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Michael Cunninghame, Regional Maintenance Manager