Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 559445
Work type: Full time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Advance your career in a key leadership and management role on our Rehabilitation Ward!
Permanent full-time opportunity.
Demonstrate your skills as an advanced Registered Nurse on our 30-bed Rehabilitation Ward. Provide excellent clinical support and guidance to all members of the team and work alongside our fantastic rehab physicians.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources
- Be a positive mentor and provide clinical leadership and support to your team
- Working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence
- Assist in shaping organisational strategy, improve procedural service provision and achieve departmental and Hospital strategic objectives
Your Key Skills and Experience
You thrive on problem solving, fostering a positive and supportive culture, and providing dedicated and specialised advice to your team members.
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- High level leadership skills
- Minimum 3 years postgraduate experience within Acute Care
- Rehabilitation Nursing experience is essential
- Post-graduate studies in an appropriate specialty or management qualifications will be highly regarded
A base hourly rate ranging from $65.84 - $71.24 + superannuation, based on experience and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD NUM/MUM level 1 – 4).
Why Choose a Career with Us?
We believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
We offer a great range of employee benefits including:
- Tropical location, walk from work to the esplanade to recharge
- Enjoy staff appreciation days and functions
- Enjoy working as part of our close-knit, supportive team
- Free staff parking
- Employee Assistance Program - access free counselling and wellbeing services 24/7
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels
- Discounts on personal care hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Rochelle Biancotti, Director of Clinical Services
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend