Hospital Medical Officer
Job no: 559452
Work type: Casual, Full time, Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Medical Professionals
Join our existing pool of Medical Officers at Cairns Private Hospital!
Provide clinical management and care for a wide range of Hospital inpatients from CCU to a variety of specialties including cardiology, general medicine, orthopaedics, ENT, gynaecology, general surgery, urology and rehabilitation medicine.
What’s of Offer?
The medical officer roster operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with 12 hour shifts available.
These positions are well remunerated via an attractive hourly rate, + super, + Medicare billings (provider number required) and salary sacrificing. Pro-rata leave entitlements apply including reasonable conference expenses.
- Permanent full-time, part-time or casual basis
- Tropical location, walk from work to the esplanade to recharge
- Enjoy staff appreciation days and functions
- Immediately access our flexible work opportunities
- Enjoy working as part of our close-knit, supportive team
- Free staff parking
Your Key Responsibilities
- Review of all inpatients as required, and order investigations and reviews as deemed necessary
- Undergo comprehensive patient admission assessments in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive record of inpatient notes on patient conditions and plan of care
- Oversee and liaise with medical students according to hospital placements
- Assist with education of clinical staff
- Liaise and consult with VMOs on patient’s condition and care plans
- Provide effective first line management during medical emergencies and code situations
- General Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum PGY3 +
- Competent in providing advanced life support measures including paediatric
- Ability to obtain a Medicare provider number
Hourly rate range between $115.00 and $130.00, plus superannuation and pro-rata leave entitlements and Medicare Billings (provider number required).
Benefits of joining the team at Cairns Private:
We believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Employee Assistance - access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels
- Discounts on personal care hire from Hertz
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Rochelle Biancotti, Director of Clinical Services
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend