Clinical Coding Auditor
Job no: 559493
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Corporate Services - QLD Metropolitan, Corporate Services - VIC Metropolitan, Corporate Services - WA, Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
Entrepreneurial, innovative, and dynamic, Ramsay leaders have a vision to become the digital leader in Private health care – WE WANT YOU!
Help support our digital transformation journey as we embark on eHR, data insights, automation, digital technology and data driven decision making to improve outcomes across our ecosystem.
The next 5 years will be the most transformative years in any healthcare journey and now is the optimal time to join our team and leverage this unique experience!
Multiple roles exist for Clinical Coding Auditors to join our National Health Information Management team. Auditing can be remote and onsite depending on your preference. Our SMR roll out to all of our 72 hospitals will enable Auditing nationally with casemix exposure that is diverse and dynamic.
Determined to be leaders in health information management, our Clinical Coding Auditors will promote best practice through:
- Pioneering methods in predictive analytics by undertaking clinical coding auditing
- Contributing to the development and improvement of frameworks, systems, analytics and processes
- Perpetuating a culture of accountability, good documentation, learning and continuous improvement
- Embracing strong cross-team communication and collaboration to reduce duplication, share learnings and increase efficiency
Be part of the team to revolutionise data collection in the predictive analytics space by embracing new technologies and methods.
What’s on Offer?
Annual salary ranging from $125k - $135k + superannuation based on proven clinical coding auditing experience.
- Permanent full-time or part-time positions
- Flexible, collaborative and supportive team
- Variety, remote working, onsite or a mix of both
- Genuine commitment to family friendly practices and work/life balance
- Learning and development programs
There is never a dull moment, and we have a focus on bringing out the best in our team working to our strengths to ensure we are not only a high performing team but that we work together to achieve this.
Your Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated understanding and application of clinical coding using the current ICD-AM/ACHI and ACS
- Certificate IV in Clinical Classification, or equivalent
- Excellent computer literacy and communication skills
- Commitment to the achievement of excellent outcomes, with a strong sense of accountability
Nice To Have
- Certificate in External Clinical Coding Auditing (desirable), or equivalent experience
- Associate Diploma or Bachelor of Applied Science, Medical Record Administration or Health Information Management, or equivalent
- Eligible for membership with the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Influential – proven ability to leverage internal and external resources, handle conflict and influence stakeholders
- Hands-on – willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Lead by example – you embrace changes in coding standards/practices and technology, enthusiastically educating and guiding your colleagues
- Strong sense of ownership, accountable for outcomes
Central to these roles is the ability for our candidate to understand, embrace and embed the ‘Ramsay Way’ culture into initiatives and ensure alignment to projects and deliverables.
For enquiries about this role, please contact relevant Regional Health Information Manager:
Gina Banfield (QLD) – BanfieldG@ramsayhealth.com.au 0448 218 585
Jo Moss (NSW) - MossJ@ramsayhealth.com.au 0438 276 766
Letalia Thornberry (WA) – ThornberryL@ramsayhealth.com.au 0437 257 711
Sara Wilson (VIC) - WilsonSara@ramsayhealth.com.au 0413 494 444
Aileen Staunton (National) – StauntonA@ramsayhealth.com.au 0429 639 937
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Applications Close Monday 18th December 2023
Only candidates with the requisite skills and experience considered and interviews and coding tests may be conducted prior to job closing date.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend