Permanent part-time position available with 45 hours per fortnight. This role is perfect for someone looking to return to the workforce or seeking a flexible work arrangement.
About The Role
We are seeking a Senior Social Worker to join our compassionate team at Masada Private Hospital. With our focus on providing patient-centered care, our Social Workers play a crucial role in supporting patients in hospital settings.
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team on our 30 bed Rehabilitation ward, working with experienced healthcare professionals to identify patient needs and develop appropriate care plans. You will be responsible for providing emotional support, counselling, practical assistance to patients and their families and ensure a smooth discharge.
Your Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work
- Experience working as a Social Worker in a hospital setting, with experience in acute and/or rehab.
- Eligible to be an accredited member of AASW.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with healthcare professionals and community agencies.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and prioritize competing demands.
- Willingness to take on leadership role and mentoring of students
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
About Our Hospital
Masada Private Hospital is a fully accredited 105 bed acute medical, surgical facility with specialised dermatology, early parenting and rehabilitation services. Each member of our staff is highly skilled to ensure that we provide you with the very best health care available.
Our philosophy is to provide a range of services which are appropriate to the needs of the community. Everyone, whether patient, visiting practitioner, staff or visitor, is entitled to the highest level of respect and care.
How to apply and requirements
All applications must be lodged online.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For any enquiries please contact: Rachel Moss via MossRachel@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Wednesday the 28th of February 2024
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com