- Permanent part time opportunity
- We care about YOU! Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal & financial assistance
- Enjoy exclusive benefits such as paid parental leave, study leave and even the option to purchase extra annual leave.
- SMHS applicants who wish to work at Peel prior to transition please contact Sam Jackman, Midwifery Manager for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our facility comprises a 12 bed antenatal/postnatal unit with three birth suites, a low risk midwifery-led antenatal clinic, a specialised obstetric clinic and a GP obstetrician model of care.
Presently, our dedicated obstetricians and midwives oversee approximately 900 births each year, with our Maternity Unit’s activity on a steady rise.
In your role as a Registered Midwife, your primary responsibility is to deliver the highest quality maternity and obstetric care to women and newborns, aligning with the core values of Peel Health Campus and Ramsay Health Care.
Your Skills and Experience
You will showcase your adept communication skills and your capacity to establish and nurture effective interpersonal connections.
Your role will involve engaging in constructive and collaborative communication with family members, a diverse group of healthcare professionals and community agencies.
- Relevant midwifery registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum of one year working as a Registered Midwife in a clinical setting
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
Any relevant post graduate qualifications are highly desirable.
Remuneration: A full-time equivalent, base annual salary ranging from $74,704.04- $98,304.19 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA gr1-gr8)
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
Why Peel Health Campus?
Peel Health Campus is currently operated by Ramsay Health Care, but will transition to the South Metropolitan Health Service in August 2024’
Located only 3km from bustling Mandurah city and 6 km from the beach, Peel Health Campus is your ideal workplace with a close-knit team across the hospital and friendly management. Peel Health Campus is a 128-inpatient bed, acute care hospital and provides high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For any enquiries please contact: Sam Jackman, Midwifery Unit Manager via JackmanS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Thursday the 22nd of February 2024