Full Time and Part Time Position | Health Information Services
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, Birtinya
About the Role
The Health Information Services Department is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Clinical Coder to join our Clinical coding team.
We offer a flexible work environment, with remote and hybrid working arrangements and extensive support network of Health Information Managers, Clinical coders, Clinical Documentation Specialists and educators.
We are committed to developing your coding skills and professional development is supported and encouraged.
- Undertake accurate clinical coding by interpreting and abstracting relevant clinical information from medical records and other clinical information systems.
- Assign codes within the most current standards and guidelines of the current edition of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related health problems, 10th Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM), Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI) and Australian Coding Standards (ACS).
- Analyse and verify that the required clinical documentation is present for each inpatient episode and where appropriate, follow up/liaise with VMO’s and other clinical staff for clarification where insufficient detail is documented.
- Reviewing the DRG allocation to ensure the DRG allocated accurately reflects the episode’s resource intensity
- Participate in clinical coding quality improvement activities, including, coding audits, data quality audits and other coding quality activities as required.
- A tertiary qualification in Health Information Management, or Diploma or Cert IV in Clinical Coding
- Successful completion of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 12th Edition education
- Minimum of 1-2 years clinical coding experience
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Strong understanding of activity based funding and Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs)
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement activities and excellence in customer service.
- Experience using Meditech
- Experience using 3M Codefinder
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite e.g. Excel
- Previous experience coding in a private hospital setting
- Sound knowledge and understanding of health fund contracts.
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. Facilities include 6 state-of-the-art operating theatres, two cardiac catheter laboratories, a minor procedure room, a day surgery unit, an 11-bed intensive care unit/coronary care unit and a 9-chair day therapy unit.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, we believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care. With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Paula Whittaker, on Whittakerpaula@ramsayhealth.com.au