Ramsay Clinic Caloundra has an exciting and highly rewarding opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse with strong managerial and leadership qualities to manage the Mental Health Unit.
- Full-time, 12 month role
- Great location on the beautiful Sunshine Coast – every day feels like a holiday!
- Join a vibrant, supportive team!
Joining the team as a Nurse Unit Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day clinical and operational management of the 24-bed Mental Health Unit, caring for patients admitted for mental health and drug and alcohol programs, offering support through ECT, TMS and Day Programs.
This role will see you:
- Be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources
- Be a positive mentor and provide clinical leadership and support to your team
- Working with and supporting other managers within the wider hospital community in achieving excellence in patient outcomes
- Assist in shaping organisational strategy, improve procedural service provision and achieve departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
You’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team, dedicated to ensuring our patients receive holistic individualised care.
You thrive on problem solving, fostering a positive and supportive culture, and providing dedicated and specialised advice to your team members.
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Competent in supervising, leading, directing and motivating staff to achieve excellent outcomes
- Minimum 5 years postgraduate experience in acute care environment
- Demonstrated extensive clinical skills and experience within mental health nursing
- Effective management of rostering processes and allocation of duties of both clinical and non-clinical staff
- Post-graduate studies in an appropriate specialty or management qualifications will be highly regarded
A base hourly rate ranging from $65.84 - $71.24 + superannuation, based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD NUM/MUM gr1-4).
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual and fixed-term employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 74 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
For more information about us, visit our website here – Ramsay Clinic Caloundra
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Michelle Pulford, Assistant Director of Clinical Services
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com