Health Information Services Manager
Permanent full-time | Greenslopes Private Hospital
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to manage the operational and strategic development of health information services at Greenslopes Private Hospital. Working in a fast-paced environment, this is a unique opportunity to grow and develop your health information services leadership team. The role is responsible for the effectiveness and quality of health information services in one of the largest private hospitals in Australia. You will be responsible for patient records management, clinical data management, clinical coding, and privacy compliance in a paper-based records department that will transition to a hybrid digital model in the next 12 months.
This position requires an experienced Health Information Services Manager with knowledge of private health funding models, clinical coding, and health records management, including legislative compliance and data reporting.
This role will work closely with the Senior Executive team and other hospital managers to drive the ongoing development of health information services, and candidates must have excellent communication, engagement, and problem-solving skills.
To succeed in this role, you will be a Health Information Manager with highly developed communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills and the ability to engage and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels. You will have excellent organisational skills and a sound knowledge of activity-based funding.
You will also bring:
- Degree in Health Information Management or equivalent
- Membership (or eligibility) with the HIMAA
- Previous health information management experience including records management, and experience managing a large team
- Knowledge of private hospital episode funding
- A high level of computer literacy, including advanced data collection and analysis skills using Excel
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Working knowledge of the Patient Management System
- Self-motivated in learning and the development of others
- Clinical coding experience would be an advantage.
About the Hospital
Greenslopes Private Hospital is Australia’s leading private teaching hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, and located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. Our employees are committed to delivering the best treatments and outcomes for each patient in an innovative and supportive environment.
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning, and development. We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programmes.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve, and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community, and our planet.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- Depending on the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Liam Mason on MasonLiam@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 27th February 2024
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com