Allied Health Assistant
Permanent part-time (38 hours/fortnight)
- Why not join Australia’s leading private health care provider?
- We are all about caring for people, and carers are cared for here!
- We will support you to learn and grow and value your contribution!
About the Role
As an Allied Health Assistant, you will provide both clinical and non-clinical support, working with Allied Health Professionals to ensure all patients receive high quality patient-focused care. This role involves working through Monday to Friday
Your duties will include:
- Assist the Allied Health teams in the management of a diverse range of patients who require rehabilitation.
- Provide therapy in individualised and group settings in the Allied Health treatment areas, on the ward, and also within the gym and hydrotherapy environment.
- Work both independently and within a team structure.
This role will suit a patient-focused individual with experience in patient manual handling along with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work effectively as part of a professional team environment will also be key to your success.
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or current University study in an Allied Health area is desirable.
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team or health service industry is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of customer service and a team approach.
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
- Completion of online ‘NDIS Worker Orientation Module’ (or willingness to complete)
- Current ‘NDIS Worker Screening Check’ (or willingness to obtain)
About the Hospital
Mt Wilga Private Hospital is a 119 bed specialist rehabilitation facility, with a busy day therapy unit and outpatients department situated in Hornsby, a peaceful area of Sydney’s Upper North Shore. Part of the Ramsay Health Care Group, Mt Wilga boasts an excellent clinical reputation as a leader in private rehabilitation, with large modern treatment areas, two hydrotherapy pools, and fully equipped gymnasiums. Mt Wilga offers comprehensive rehabilitation programs for patients presenting with a wide variety of conditions including orthopaedic, musculoskeletal, neurological, back and pain management, cardiac, amputee, reconditioning, and lymphoedema.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Scott (Day Program and Outpatient Therapy Manager at: AppletonS@ramsayhealth.com.au