Clinical Nurse Specialist
Port Macquarie Private Hospital is a seeking highly motivated Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our team, working in our Rehabilitation Ward.
We are searching for an experienced Registered Nurse who is caring and compassionate with great leadership skills. As a Clinical Nurse Specialist within the Rehabilitation Ward you will be leading the clinical team by providing quality clinical care, completing Discharge planning and mentoring the clinical team. Our team thrives on working together to deliver a high level of clinical care.
About the Role
As a member of our Rehab team, you will act as a clinical and professional resource person demonstrating broad knowledge and clinical expertise in all facets of caring for the medical patient whilst demonstrating a high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills within the clinical setting. You will contribute to, and participates in, the education of all levels of staff by being involved in department orientation, in-servicing and clinical competence programs. You will be involved in the Discharge Planning for patients to facilitate safe and timely discharges. As a CNS, you will also make a valuable contribution to the Hospital continuous improvement processes.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills to the facility. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities. You will have exceptional customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills and also meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse with experience in Rehab nursing care desirable
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to assess, plan, co-ordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Knowledge of Quality/Continuous Improvement processes
- Flexibility to work across a rotating roster including morning, afternoon and night shifts
- Competent with the use of computer programs such as EDS systems
- Experience as a resource and mentor to others in the relation to clinical practice related to the medical patient
- Experience with Discharge Planning
$50.29 + superannuation, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW Clinical Nurse/Midwifery Specialist)
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Port Macquarie Private Hospital is a 72-bed acute Medical/Surgical and Rehab facility with 6 Renal Chairs and a Day Surgery complex and is continually growing its services. Comprehensive Medical/Surgical services are offered with 24 hour Medical Officer Support including Rehabilitation, General Medical, General Surgical, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Bariatric Surgery, Urology, Plastic & Ophthalmology.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
For enquiries, please contact:
Acting Nurse Unit Manager – Rehabilitation Ward