MC Truck Driver
Job no: 493088
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube Bulk provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods. We also deliver a range of tanker services from pneumatic operations for cement and lime through to bulk liquid tankers for fuel and sulphuric acid.
Qube Bulk is an industry leader in safety initiatives and innovation through advanced In-Vehicle Management Systems (IVMS), fleet monitoring, supply chain management technology and equipment performance-based standards engineering.
Qube has several positions vacant for MC Operators to join our Port Hedland Bulk Haulage Operation, long term.
- Experienced in operating sidetipper MC road trains hauling minerals/bulk materials is desirable
- FIFO basis ex Perth or ex Brisbane
- Onsite camp style accommodation included or locally based in Port Hedland with a weekly housing allowance
- Relocation is also available for successful candidates
- These operations run on a 24/7 basis
- The roster cycle is 4 weeks on, 2 week off (4/2) although this may be flexible for the right candidate
- Long term stable MC Operating roles
- Competitive market rates
- Local and supportive team
- Efficient operation of road train combinations
- Complete all necessary associated documentation (such as the preparation and signing of cartage dockets and service requests)
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of deficiencies in the delivery of product
- Take good care of vehicles / plant under your care
- Ensure compliance with all safety, fatigue, Main Roads Heavy vehicle operating guide lines and company guidelines, loading requirements, axle weights and any other relevant policy and procedure
Qualifications and Experience
- Multi-Combination (MC) Drivers License
- Preferably experience operating side tippers
- Front End Loader experience advantageous
- National police clearance
- Experienced in driving heavy bulk vehicles and other machinery as used by Qube
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Commonwealth/State Safety and Environmental legislation and standards, Main Road Heavy vehicle legislation and permitting standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
Sound like you?
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form. OR email an up to date CV to email@example.com
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend